Team Staff Certification Requirements
The deadline for coaching, volunteer, saftey volunteers, managers and any additional bench staff is December 1, 2021 (The only exception to this rule happens if you are registered for a coaching course that is taking place after the December 1, 2021 date but you must be registered before December 1, 2021)
As most of you are aware, ehockey has been replaced with new software. Follow the steps below to create a new account.
What do I need for my volunteer position?
Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Search (Voluneteer Screening)
How to register for any online coaching courses
- Do you need to update your Criminal Record Check? (a new one is necessary every three years)
- Please click on this link http://www.backcheck.net/hockeynovascotia and ensure you complete the vulnerable sector search.
- PLEASE NOTE: The cost of the Criminal Record Check for a volunteer is $30. When you get to the payment page and the amount is $67.85 STOP EVERTYING and call 1-877-455-6730. This is the number for www.mybackcheck.com. They will help you get to the correct check for the correct price ($30).
- Please submit your receipt to admin@halifaxhawks to be reimbursed. Receipts that are more than $30 will not be reimbursed and it will be up to the individual to correct this situation in order to have the necessary Criminal Record Check.
All team staff are required to be certified in HU-Planning a Safe Return to Hockey. This course is free. See above to register and complete.
Respect In Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
Click here to register and complete Respect in Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
Things to know about this online course:
- It will take approximently 3 hours in total to complete however,
- You do not have to complete it all at one time. You can stop and start at anytime. The course is automatically bookmarked from where you stopped the next time you log in.
- Please once completed, please forward your receipt to email@example.com for reimbursement.