Team Staff Certification Requirements
The deadline for coaching, volunteer, saftey volunteers, managers and any additional bench staff is December 1, 2022 (The only exception to this rule happens if you are registered for a coaching course that is taking place after the December 1, 2022 date but you must be registered before December 1, 2022)
What certifications are required for my volunteer position?
- The above requirements also are required for parent helpers on the ice with U7 and U9 groups
Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Search (Voluneteer Screening)
How to register for any online coaching courses - HCR 3-0 Guide - How to register for a clinic
- Do you need to update your Criminal Record Check? (a new one is necessary every three years)
- Please click on this link http://www.backcheck.net/hockeynovascotia and ensure you complete the vulnerable sector search.
- PLEASE NOTE: The cost of the Criminal Record Check for a volunteer is $30. When you get to the payment page and the amount is $67.85 STOP EVERTYING and call 1-877-455-6730. This is the number for www.mybackcheck.com. They will help you get to the correct check for the correct price ($30).
- Please submit your receipt to admin@halifaxhawks to be reimbursed. Receipts that are more than $30 will not be reimbursed and it will be up to the individual to correct this situation in order to have the necessary Criminal Record Check.
* Intro to Coaching - the course required for anyone coaching (including on ice parent helpers) at the U7, U9 and any C Level Hockey. This course is divided into 2 parts: 1. HU-1/2 (the online requsite) and 2. Intro to Coach
* Development 1
* HU- Planning a Safe Return to Hockey.
***All team staff are required to be certified in HU-Planning a Safe Return to Hockey. This course is free. See above to register and complete***
Respect In Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
Click here to register and complete Respect in Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
Things to know about this online course:
- It will take approximently 3 hours in total to complete however,
- You do not have to complete it all at one time. You can stop and start at anytime. The course is automatically bookmarked from where you stopped the next time you log in.
- Please once completed, please forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement.
Are you the Safety Rep for your team?
You are required to complete HU-Planning a Safe Return to Hockey and well as complete a Criminal Record Check through www.mybackcheck.com. The Vulnerable Sector Search is not required for this position.